Using the Badge Designer, you can customize designs for any badges that you would like to use at your onsite event. These designs are available for pre-printing, meaning they can be exported as files that can be printed through a vendor of your choice.
Note: The Badge Designer does not support onsite printing at this time, so you will want to make sure that you are organizing any printing for your badges to be done before your event start date.
Creating your Badge Designs
Badge designs can be created from the Badge Designer option with the Experience Manager. After selecting the Add Badge option in green, you will be asked to set the following:
- The Badge Name which will represent the badge you are working on within the Badge Designer - this will be especially helpful in cases where you are creating multiple badges for different attendee types.
- Who the badge design should Apply To - you can set this to apply to All People, Specific People, People Groups or Session Roles.
- What Badge Size should apply to your design – you can choose between inches or millimeters, and even set your own custom size when needed.
Inch: maximum: 13 in x 13 in, minimum: 2 in x 2 in
Millimeter: maximum:330 mm x 330 mm, minimum: 51 mm x 51 mm
Once your initial settings have been applied, you will have the option of selecting a Template or a Blank badge to create your design.
In the Designer, you will find a series of options at the top of the page to help you to Add content, assign a Background and to update the Template as needed.
Adding Content to your Badge Design
When designing your badge, an Add option will be available to help you in adding content. From the dropdown menu, you will be able to select from:
- Text Block to include are area with text on the badge
- Image to upload an image file for your design
- Shape to add a square, circle or triangle shape
- QR Code to support onsite check
A second menu will outline additional options to customize the items you are adding to your badge:
- Clone an item on the design
- Set the Alignment of the item (Left, Center, Top, etc.)
- Arrange to determine the placement of the item in context to other content (Bring to Front, Bring Backward, etc.)
- Delete to remove the item from the badge
- Shape to adjust the shape type if you have selected this item
- Item Color to adjust the color of the item using the color picker or a hex code
- Line Color to adjust the color that the lines around the item using the color picker or a hex code (applies only to the Shape option)
- Line Weight to determine how prominent the line will be around the item (applies only to the Shape option)
Managing Design Changes
When designing your badge, you will have the option of using the Back and Forward options to revert back or restore a change that was made to your badge design.
Options to Discard and Save Changes will also be available to allow you to finalize the design of the badge that you are working on.
Once you are happy with what you have created, you can select the Preview & Export option to see how the badge will appear. You can also select a person's profile by clicking on the dropdown menu beneath and entering in the person's name. You will also have the opportunity to Edit who the badge should apply to when necessary.
Exporting Your Badge Designs for Printing
After reviewing and saving your design, select the Download PDF button to export the badge that you have created.
On the pop-up page that appears, you will have the option of selecting the following settings that will apply to how the badges will be printed:
- Paper Size to set what you will print to (US Letter, A4 or Badge)
- Layout to set what the layout of the paper should be (Landscape or Portrait) - Not applicable to the Badge Paper Size option
- Units and Spacing to determine the sizing of the badges on the page itself
- Margins which can be set to default, or customized based on your printing needs
- Badge Sorting to determine if the badges that are being printed will be sorted according to First or Last Name
- Fill Direction to set if the badges will be laid out Across or Down for printing
Once you have made your changes, you can select the Download button to export the PDF that you will use with your printing vendor or choice.
Note: If you would like to print double-sided badges, you will need to create a separate design for each side and coordinate with your printing vendor to have them printed accordingly.