If a Branded Native App is included in your app package, then you should be aware of the new process to submitting your app under your Developer Accounts. There are a few different timelines to keep in mind and they will vary depending on where you are in the process, as certain requirements like obtaining a D-U-N-S number or activating a Developer Account may need to be completed. We recommend determining as early as possible whether you'll need to complete these steps.
Creating Your Developer Accounts
There are two factors that will determine the timelines you need to keep in mind for this step.
- Does my Organization have a Developer Account?
- If yes, fantastic - you can proceed to Step 2: Make sure that your developer account is ready to use
- If no, determine if your Organization has a D-U-N-S number
- Does my Organization have a D-U-N-S number?
- If yes, you can proceed to Step 1: Creating Your Developer Accounts
- If no, you'll need to apply through D&B for a D-U-N-S number which is required to create an Apple Developer Account. Here's the link to do so.
If your Organization does not have a Developer Account or a D-U-N-S number, you should allow 5-10 business days to receive the D-U-N-S number and another 5-7 business days for approval of your Apple Developer Account.
If your Organization has a D-U-N-S number but no Developer Account, you should allow 5-7 business days for approval of your Apple Developer Account.
Gathering Your Assets
The timelines for gathering your assets will vary depending on resources you have on your team and content you may have already created. You will need to send EventMobi the following before we can proceed with the submission process:
- App Icon (1024 x 1024 pixels, PNG format)
- Splash Screen Image (2732 x 2732 pixels, with a safe space to allow for cropping, PNG format)
- Google Feature Image (1024 x 500 pixels, PNG format)
Here are the image requirements in detail for your reference.
It's also important that your app be fairly complete when you submit. You must have some content included in each of the visible sections and any empty modules hidden from view. These can be populated during the submission and approval process and displayed after approval.
Once EventMobi has been given access to your developer account, we should be able to submit your app to the stores within two weeks.
These timelines may vary depending on current approval capacity by the Apple and Google Play stores. Google Play will typically approve up to 7 business days, and Apple will usually approve within 1 or 2 business days. However, it's important to note that these approval timelines are dependent on the stores. EventMobi will update you as soon as we have heard any status updates regarding your app. The above timelines are what we suggest in order to ensure complete peace of mind for our clients during the submission process. That said, in some cases we have also seen much faster turnaround times than the above. We recommend you work with conservative estimates to avoid disappointment - we’d hate to see you stressed or frustrated!