Event Planner Resources
Difference between Zoom Meeting and Zoom Webinar
Sometimes, you need to have a meeting. Sometimes a webinar is best. To decide which is best for your event, you'll need to know the differences between them.
- A Zoom Meeting is best for more interactive sessions where you’ll want to have lots of audience participation. They are best suited to sessions where you would like to allow your attendees to actively speak and participate. This option will also allow you to create Breakout Rooms when needed, which is not supported by a Zoom Webinar.
- A Zoom Webinar is more like a lecture or auditorium. Only Hosts, Co-Hosts, and Panelists can activate their camera and speak.
- Host and co-host
- All participants can mute/unmute their own audio
- Host can mute/request to unmute participants
- The Host can set all participants to mute upon entry
- Only the Host and panelists can mute/unmute their own audio
- The Host can unmute one or more attendees