Any collection, processing and use (hereinafter "use") of data is solely for the purpose of providing our services. Our services have been designed to use as little personal information as possible. For that matter, "personal data" is understood as all individual details about a person or factual circumstances of an identifiable natural person (so-called "affected person"). The following statements on data protection describe what types of data are collected when using our App, what happens with these data and how you may object to data usage.
General information on data processing
Person Responsible (Controller)
Responsible within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the new Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) is:
5Touch Solutions, Inc. dba EventMobi GmbH
Address: 151 Yonge Street, 11th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5C2W7
Phone: +1 888 296 8415
Name and address of the Data Security Officer
The data protection officer is:
Kemal Webersohn of WS Datenschutz GmbH
If you have questions about data protection, you can contact WS Datenschutz GmbH at the following email address: email@example.com
WS Datenschutz GmbH
Protection of your data
We have taken technical and organizational measures to ensure that the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are met by us, as well as, by external service providers working for us.
If we work with other companies to provide our services, such as server providers, this will only be done after an extensive selection process. In this selection process, each individual service provider is carefully selected for its suitability in terms of technical and organizational data protection skills. This selection procedure will be documented in writing and an agreement on the order processing of data (data processing agreement) will only be concluded if the third party complies with the requirements of Art. 28 GDPR.
Our App encrypts the processed or shared Data during transmission and at rest.
Erasure of personal data
We process personal data only if necessary. As soon as the purpose of the data processing is fulfilled, erasure of the data is carried out according to the standards of the erasure concept, unless legal or contractual regulations oppose this.
Use of data by this App and in logfiles
Scope of processing personal data
When using our App, our web servers temporarily store every access in a log file. The following data is collected and stored until automated erasure:
- IP-address of the requesting device
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Transmitted amount of data
- Message if the retrieval was successful
- Detection data of the browser and operating system used
- Name of your Internet access provider
Our App uses the services of the hosting provider AWS. Data processing is carried out by: Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL, 38 Avenue John F. Kennedy, Luxembourg 1855, Luxembourg (a subsidiary of Amazon.com Inc., 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle WA 98109, USA).
You can find more information on the data protection of the service provider here: https://aws.amazon.com/de/privacy
We or our partners may process additional data occasionally. You will find information about this below.
Legal basis for processing personal data
The legal basis for the temporary storage of the data and log files is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is to make our App accessible for you.
Purpose of data processing
The processing of this data serves: the purpose of enabling the use of the App(connection establishment), system security, the technical administration of the network infrastructure, as well as to optimize the App. The IP address is evaluated only in case of attacks on our network infrastructure or the network infrastructure of our internet provider.
Duration of storage
Log file information is stored for security reasons (e.g. for the clarification of abuse or fraud) and deleted as soon as the purpose of data processing is achieved and no legal retention periods oppose a deletion. As a rule, this is the case after 30 days.
Data whose further retention is required for evidentiary purposes is exempt from deletion until the respective incident is finally clarified.
Right of objection and erasure
The collection of data for the provision of the App and the storage of the data in log files is mandatory for the operation of the App. Consequently, there is no possibility for the user to object.
If you have any questions in this regard, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
Description and scope of data processing
You can log in to the app. For this purpose, it is necessary that you enter personal data in the login mask. These are the login details that you or the event organiser have provided to EventMobi. The following data is collected for this purpose:
- E-mail address
- Personal password
The data you provide in the login mask will be used exclusively for processing and will not be passed on to third parties.
After registration, you will be able to scan the QR codes of tickets and print a badge for the participant. This data has been collected in advance by the organiser of the event.
Both when scanning the tickets and later scanning the badges, data retrieved during scanning is compared to the hosts's database to determine if an existing participant exists. If this is the case, an entry about the participant's scan history is left in the database.
Legal basis for data processing
The processing of personal data of the organiser is necessary for the fulfillment of the contract between EventMobi GmbH and the host pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
The processing of personal data of employees of the organiser is carried out on the basis of Art. 88 para. 1 GDPR.
Purpose of data processing
The processing of personal data is used for the sole purpose of comparing the data subject’s data with the login data registered with us and thus enabling the data subject to login and use this App. In addition, the processing serves the printing of badges and the recording and analysis of scan histories of the participants.
Duration of storage
The data are deleted as soon you delete your account and no statutory or regulatory retention periods of erasure contradict.
Right to objection and erasure
The data subject is free to change, correct or delete their registered personal data. To do this, please contact us or the organiser.
Service providers from third countries
In order to be able to provide our services, we use the support of service providers from third party countries (non-EU countries). In order to ensure the protection of your personal data in this case, we conclude processing contracts with each - carefully selected - service provider. All of our processors provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures. Our third country data processors are either located in a country with an adequate level of data protection (Art. 45 GDPR) or provide appropriate safeguards (Art 46 GDPR).
Adequate level of protection: The provider comes from a country whose level of data protection has been recognized by the EU Commission. For more information, see: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en
EU standard contract clauses: Our provider has submitted to the EU standard contractual clauses to ensure secure data transfer. For more information, see: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/dec_impl/2021/914/oj?uri=CELEX%3A32021D0914&locale=en
Binding Corporate Rules: Article 47 of the GDPR provides the possibility of ensuring data protection when transferring data to a third country via Binding Corporate Rules. These are examined and approved by the data security authorities within the framework of the consistency mechanism pursuant to Art. 63 GDPR.
Consent: In addition, a data transfer to a third country without an adequate level of protection will only take place if you have given us your consent in accordance with Art. 49 sec. 1 lit. a) GDPR for this purpose.
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
Right to withdraw a given consent (Art. 7 GDPR)
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw it at any time. This will affect the admissibility of processing your personal data by us for the time after you have withdrawn your consent. To withdraw your consent, contact us personally or in written form.
Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR)
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to your personal data and the following information:
- the purpose of processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or the categories of recipient to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in countries outside of the EU or international organisations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which your personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- all available information on the source of your personal data;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 GDPR and, in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
In the case of such a request, you must provide enough information about your identity to proof that the request concerns your own personal data.
Right to rectification and erasure (Art. 16, 17 GDPR)
You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification and completion of inaccurate personal data concerning yourself.
You may also request the erasure of your personal data if any of the following applies to you:
- the personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw consent on which the processing is based according to Art. 6 para. 1 s.1 lit. a) or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a) GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground of processing;
- you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which we are subject;
- the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Art. 8 para. 1.
Where we made the personal data public and are obliged to erase the personal data pursuant to Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR, we, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
These rights shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which we are subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance of Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h) and i) as well as Art. 9 para. 3 GDPR;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 para. 1 GDPR, in so far as the right referred to above is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing, or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
You shall have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
Where processing has been restricted under the aforementioned conditions, such personal data shall, except for storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
If the limitation of the processing is restricted, you will be informed by us before the restriction is lifted.
Right to information (Art. 19 GDPR)
If you have asserted us your right to rectification, erasure or restriction of data processing, we will inform all recipients of your personal data to correct, delete or restrict the processing of data, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
You also have the right to know which recipients have received your personal data.
Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
You have the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Also, you have the right to transmit those data to another controller, where
- the processing is based on consent pursuant of Art. 6 para. 1 s.1 lit. a) GDPR or of Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a) GDPR or is based on a contract pursuant of Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b) DS-GVO; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to obtain that personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller, as far as technically feasible. The right to data portability does not apply to processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority that has been delegated to us.
Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR)
Where we based the processing of your personal data on a legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR), you may object to the processing. The same applies if the data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. e).
In this case, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data. Based on this we will terminate or adapt the data processing or show you our legitimate reasons why we continue the data processing.
Right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR)
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of the personal data concerning you is against the infringes of the GDPR.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been submitted shall inform you of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy according to Article 78 GDPR.
How you perceive these rights
To exercise these rights, please contact our data protection officer:
Kemal Webersohn from Webersohn & Scholtz GmbH
or by mail:
WS Datenschutz GmbH
Subject to change