If you want system emails like announcement emails or chat message notifications to come from your email address instead of from the @event-emails.com email we provide, there are a few steps you will need to take:
- Select the Send From a Custom Email Address option under the Email To Send From area on the Event Details page.
- Enter the email address you want these emails to come from in the Custom From Address field.
- Once this is done, it’s important to test deliverability of the messages we’ll be sending. We recommend sending a test announcement with an email (which you should do before you upload all of your people profiles) to yourself or another member of your team to ensure that you are able to receive the emails successfully.
What happens if I don’t receive the test announcement email?
It may be that your company web address is configured in such a way that it prevents an email being sent from an unauthorized sender. In order for us to use this custom address, we will need to authenticate so that we’re allowed to send emails on your behalf. This authentication method is called an SPF record.
An SPF record is a record created for your domain name that identifies that a mail server is permitted to send mail on your domain's behalf. This helps to prevent a spammer from sending messages from your domain (also known as spoofing an email address).
In order to set this up, we will both need to take a few steps.
- Let Eventmobi support know that you need to set up an SPF record by sending an e-mail to Support.
- We will set up and provide you with CNAME records that you will need to set up on your end (or your IT team will need to set up). There will be three records, and all three need to be configured. (if you don’t have an IT team, and aren’t sure how to do this, your domain host will know how, and will be happy to help you).
- Once this has been set up, let us know. We will verify the domain information on our end (please note, that changes of this kind for your domain can take some time to propagate, so after you make the change it might take us 24-48 hours to proceed).
- We’ll send you the SPF information, which you will have to set up on your domain. Again, if you don’t have an IT team, and you don’t know how to create the SPF record, provide the SPF information we give you to your domain host, and they’ll be happy to help you.