Not all data can be collected during the registration process, so making use of our Login Flow feature is a great way to help you in gathering important information and documents from attendees once registration has closed.
How does the Login Flow work?
Using the Custom Fields feature available from the People library, you can create additional fields that will share or request data from your attendees as they are logging into the Event Space. You'll also have the option of making these fields a required step in creating a profile, for any information that is critical for you to capture before your event.
To ensure the login process is as seamless as possible, you can also set the fields you are creating to apply only to Specific People Groups.
How to create Custom Fields for your Login Flow
The fields that you would like to incorporate as part of your Login Flow can be created from the People library, under the Custom Field tab.
Here you will find an option to Add Field that will allow you to select between a Text or Upload field option.
Select the Text option when you are looking to share or capture text based information, and select the Upload information when looking to share or capture files up to 24 mb in size and in one of the following supported formats: *.doc, *.docx, *.ppt, *.pptx, *.xls, *.xlsx, *.pdf, *.jpeg and *.png
When creating your field, you will have the opportunity to:
- Define what information is being request or shared using the Name and Description
- Make sure that the field is only requested from those that it is relevant to using the Field Applies To option (you can choose between Everyone or Specific People Groups)
- Set who can view and edit the contents of the field using the Response Viewable By and Editable By options
- Make the field a Profile Creation Required Field to ensure that this information is captured before the attendee can log into the Event Space
How to use Custom Fields for your Login Flow
Custom fields can be used to capture a variety of types of data, depending on the nature of your event and what information you need to collect from your attendees.
- Gathering resumes, work experience and relevant skills from job seekers at a Job Fair
- Proof of vaccination record requirement to attend the event onsite
- Identifying food allergies and preferences
- Collecting sign waivers from attendees
- Sharing travel documents
- And more!
Can attendees update this information?
After logging into the Event Space, attendees can access the Attendee Dashboard located at the top right hand side. From here, they will find and Edit Profile option from the menu available. Here they can review any profile details, and update any that you have set as Editable by Organizer & Profile Owner.
Will the data collected be visible to everyone?
Custom Fields that have been set as Visible to Everyone will be available to view from the profile page in the Event Space. If you have set the visibility to Organizer & Profile Owner then this information will be visible only from the Experience Manager (Organizer) and from the Profile or Attendee Dashboard only to the Profile Owner of the profile that the user is logged in with.