Custom fields are standard text fields within People profiles that allow you to display and collect any information you like.
In the top menu of your People library you will find a Custom Fields option where you can create and manage any additional fields you would like to use.
How To Create Custom Fields
1. Select the Add Field option in green to begin creating a new custom field.
2. Input the field name as you would like it to display.
3. Select who can view the field. To make private fields, choose Organizers and Users Viewing Own Profiles. If you want to create a field that allows you to attach information to profiles for your own reference then select Organizers Only.
4. Select who can edit the field. If you would like to give the user access to update the information from a self-edit email or the Attendee Dashboard then select the Organizers and Users Viewing Own Profiles option.
4. Add your field by selecting the Save Field option.
Your custom fields will appear in the profile below any default fields that are offered. When creating or updating profiles through the Experience Manager, you will want to scroll to the bottom of the page you are editing. If you are editing your custom fields using the People Excel template, they will appear as column headings following the contact information fields. Any fields that have been saved as a custom field will contain this text in brackets alongside the name you have established.
Using the People Excel Template
It is important that any custom fields you plan on using for your People profiles are created in advance of downloading your People Excel Template. This ensures that a column for each custom field will be made available for you to add the data en masse.
Adding a new column to the template without creating the custom fields in advance will result in an error message upon import.
Gathering information for your Custom Fields
From a Self-Edit LInk
Attendees will have access to add or edit content in custom fields while completing their profiles via a self-edit link. Within the email message, a link to "Edit Your Profile" will direct recipients to a page where they can input their profile information. To add information to the Custom Fields you have created, attendees will need to select the Personal Information option and scroll to the area labeled as Other Information.
From the Event App
Attendees will have access to add content to custom fields while creating or editing their profile from the Attendee Dashboard. From the event app, attendees will need to log into the right-hand menu with their email address and a password that they create (if they have used an EventMobi app in the past, they will need to use the same password they had initially created) to access the Profile area. On this page, the attendee will find an area labeled as Other information where they can input the information they would like to include in the custom fields you have created.