If a Branded Native App is included in your app package, you've come to the right place! Following Apple’s 2017 policy updates, if you’re looking to have your own branded app in the App Store, we must publish the app under your organization’s Developer Account. We will also walk you through the process for Google Play. This article will give you an overview of the process although we will also link you to more detailed articles and our App Release Coordinators are here to help if you have any questions along the way!
If a Branded App is included in your app package, your Event Success Coach will have sent you detailed instructions .
The process consists of five easy steps:
Step 1: Creating Your Developer Accounts
- The first thing we recommend checking is whether your Organization already has a developer account and whether you can grant EventMobi permissions to access this account. If yes, you can skip to Step 2. If not, no problem! We'll walk you through how to get these step up.
- If you do not have a Developer Account available for EventMobi to submit under, the next thing to determine is whether your Organization has a D-U-N-S number which is issued by Dun & Bradstreet. A D-U-N-S number is a requirement of Apple during the enrollment process. If you have a D-U-N-S number, you are ready to continue with Creating Your Developer Accounts. If you are unsure, you can use this easy look-up tool logging in with an Apple ID. If your Organization does not have a D-U-N-S, you can register for one here - as a note, this can take between 5-10 business days to receive from D&B.
- Click here for step-by-step instructions on completing Step 1: Creating Your Developer Accounts
Step 2: Make sure that your Developer Account is ready to use
- If you already have your Apple and Google developer account, please verify if you have any pending agreement to sign, payment, or process updates. Make sure your account has no warnings. Any issues like that can stop EventMobi to submit your app.
Step 3: Granting EventMobi Access To Your Developer Accounts
- In order to submit your app on your behalf, EventMobi will need to obtain access to your Apple Member Center, App Store Connect and Google Play Accounts.
- If you've registered your Developer Accounts as "Organizations" you'll need to follow the steps here.
Step 4: Your Event App should be ready!
In order to submit your native app, the Event App under EventMobi Experience Platform should be mostly ready.
Make sure that your Event App:
1) Have your Home screen finalized and;
2) You have included content in every visible section of the app.
Step 5: Send Us Your Intake Form and Assets!
- Once you've created your Developer Accounts and gathered the required assets, you are in the home stretch! Simply complete the intake form provided to you by your Event Success Coach and email the form and your assets to Support.
- Our App Release Coordinator will review your form and assets and begin the submission process.
- You will be updated when we begin the submission, once the submission has been completed and when your app has been approved.