Abstracts and poster sessions at medical conferences can number in the hundreds, and it can be daunting to put them all on the app. Here are two ways of doing so that will make your life a lot easier:
Putting poster sessions in an Agenda section is easy. Our intuitive Excel templates make it a pretty simple copy/paste job if your information is clean and organized, with the exception of document attachment.
Sessions each support a time-slot, linked profiles, and attached documents. Sessions can also be organized into Tracks, which help you to organize your posters visually to make them more easily navigable on the app. If you will be attaching documents to your sessions, then we recommend uploading them to the Documents library first, and then to each relevant session you are creating. This is how people typically add their abstracts and poster sessions.
Document sections are another way of displaying your abstracts and poster sessions. Since poster sessions typically occur concurrently in huge breakouts, it's not always necessary to give them a time slot. Also, since each "speaker" basically presents on a poster, much of the relevant information is contained on their documentation. Using the documents section allows you to attach that documentation much more quickly than if you had to upload the specific documents for each poster session separately.
Repurposing a Folder Section Type
You can still achieve much of the same categorization functionality using Folder sections and links, but you might need Support's help to walk you through it (click here to contact us!).
If you want to try it on your own, just follow these instructions:
- Create a documents section for every category you want to create
- Create a new Folder section and name it appropriately. This is the section attendees will see in the menu when they're accessing your abstracts and poster sessions
- Within the Folder section you created, select the Add Section option to choose Link from the dropdown menu.
- Create a link for each Documents section that you previously created. To find the specific URL for that section, simply open the web version of your app in a new browser window (the URL should be in the format eventmobi.com/shortname).
- Make sure to name the link according to the category you are looking to establish before saving your change
- Return to the Sections area under Event App and hide each Documents section you had created by clicking into it and selecting the Hide section? checkbox.
Now, when attendees go to the app, they will click into your repurposed Folder section, where they will see all the links you created to your different Documents sections. Each link represents a category, and clicking the link will bring them to the appropriate documents section, giving them access to all the documents you established for that particular category.