You can use a custom domain to replace “eventmobi.com” with your preferred domain name. In order to do this, you’ll need to create a subdomain (eg: event.yourdomain.com or www.yourdomain.com) by creating CNAME records that will be provided to you during the process outlined below.
To get started do the following:
- In the Experience Manager, go to Event Space and click Settings
- Click the Custom domain tab.
- Click the Add custom domain button
- Enter your desired custom domain (eg: event.yourdomain.com) in the Custom domain field.
- You’ll be presented with CNAME records that will need to be created at your domain host. These are custom generated for your domain. These CNAME records will need to be created within 72 hours, after which time the request expires and you’ll need to start this process again.
- Once the CNAME records have been created, our system will check and once these are detected, both entries will show a green indicator and the domain will be ready to use. Depending on your provider, this can take anywhere from 1 hour to 48 hours.
A more complete description of the custom domain and how-to configure it for the first time you will find here.
Transitioning my current custom domain to the new custom domain settings
If you have an existing custom domain that you’re moving over to the new process, please coordinate with us to switch over. The process will look like this:
- Coordinate a date and time with your ESM.
- Delete old the custom domain CNAME from your Domain DNS settings.
- Please let us know when that this is completed, and we will switch to the new process for you.
- At your domain host, remove the CNAME record that points the domain to domains.eventmobi.com
- Follow the steps above to re-add your custom domain and create the new CNAME records.