Your Event Is Live
Your Event Space is live the moment that you create it, and can be accessed using the URL format eventmobi.com/eventcode. This unique code is created during the activation process for your event.
Your App Is Live
As an organizer, you will also have access to a View Event App option within several areas of the Experience Manager. Selecting this button will allow you to launch your event app directly from the browser.
Custom Branded Apps and Event Pages
If you have chosen to host your event information form the app stores, then the app will not automatically be made accessible via this method. In order to make the app available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play, our App Release Coordinator will need to build files that you will in turn submit to each store using your own developer account. The timeline for this process can take 4-8 weeks in total to allow for the file to be created, the app to be submitted, and for it to be approved in each store.
Changes that are made to the app's content while it is being approved and afterwards will display on the app once it is downloaded. There are some specific updates, however, that may require you to resubmit to the app store for approval. These changes can include the following:
- Any of the content appearing in the app store listing, such as the Description, App Name or Event Name
- Updating the keywords used to search for your app
- Updating the App Icon or Splash Screen images
- Changing the app's Event Code
If you don't see your changes reflected in the app right away, don't fret! Just give it a minute; changes should take effect automatically within a minute or two of making them as long as you're connected. If you don't see the changes in a couple of minutes (or you just can't wait to see them!), just refresh your app once or twice:
1. From your app, click the Menu button in the top left to open the Menu pane.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click Refresh App or Update App. (Clicking Refresh App might change the button into Update App, in which case you just need to click it again.) From here, you can also see how long it has been since your last update.
Clear Your Cache
If this doesn't work, try clearing your device’s cache. Some functions actually require that you clear your browsing cache to take effect on your device. This helps to refresh the browser and allows you to recreate the experience of a brand new user on the app. If you're using a native app, just try uninstalling it and downloading it again.
The method for clearing your browsing cache will depend on your device and browser. You can find the instructions for clearing cache on some common devices and browsers on this website and below:
Chrome (Method 1):
1. From the Chrome menu, click Preferences > History > Clear Browsing Data
2. Make sure Empty Cache is selected along with anything else you want to delete.
3. Click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom-right.
Chrome (Method 2):
1. Click the three-bars button to the right of the URL field.
2. Click Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
3.Make sure Empty Cache is selected along with anything else you want to delete.
4. Click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom-right.
1. In the toolbar at the top, click History > Clear Recent History.
2. Select Everything from the drop-down menu and make sure Cache is selected.
3. Click Clear Now.
1. With your Safari browser open, click Safari, then Preferences, and navigate to the Privacy tab.
2. Click Remove All Website Data and then Remove Now on the pop-up.
iOS (iPhones and iPads):
1. From the home screen, tap the Settings button.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap the Safari button.
3. In the Safari Settings, tap the button labeled Clear Cookies and Data.
4. On the confirmation screen, tap Clear Cookies and Data.
1. Open the browser on your Android phone.
2. Tap the Menu key.
3. Tap the More options icon.
4. Tap the Settings button.
5. Tap the Clear Cache button.
6. Verify your choice by clicking the OK button when the verification menu pops up.
If clearing the cache does not work, please contact Support.
To ensure that you don't have to tell everyone to refresh the app, the following is a list of things that should be decided and finalized before you launch the app to your attendees. Making changes to these features after attendees have accessed (and therefore cached) the app on their devices will require them to click Refresh App to clear their cache.
• Changing your Event Name in the Event Details area
• Changing the Polls & Feedback permissions from the Settings area
• Changing the images or colours from the App Design Studio area of the Event App product
• Altering and re-uploading the same map image (hint: just change the filename to get around this one!)
• Changing your logos (i.e. Home Screen widgets or Event App Icon)
• Hiding the 'Powered By' footer for events using the White Label solution
• Changing the footer text
If you have already made a change that requires attendees to clear their cache, you can prompt everyone to refresh their app using an in-app announcement, which you can release from the Announcements area in your Products list.